Storms ruled the first thousand years of life.
By the time I claimed my room, I turned into a zombie...
Suspended somewhere between the worlds within and outside...
Vaguely aware of either...
But then, existence needs more meaning, and spectacles need a windowpane...
Right here, I found mine…

Who am I? An average woman - trying to work on my share of maze through layers of haze...

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Next to nothing about a Jan 2017 morning

A black cow, endowed with menacing enormity, grazed amid concrete and sand interspersed with a handful of dusty grass. My son followed her minutest moves with the keenness of a seasoned criminal investigator. My watch ticked away; I was getting late for office, yet again.
Two scuffling white puppies entered the scene and escaped _uneaten_. Sonny's eyes widened. He was ready for a closer exploration and Mommy's arms were a barrier. He put up a good fight. I trespassed into a neighboring house with caged parakeets to distract him.
A good long look at the chirping birds, and sonny uttered 'Pepe' (Bengali for papaya). He had apparently hit upon his first significant clue of the day, and was happy to let Mommy go while he pondered deeper to tie up the loose ends.
I set out for a typical workday with the lingering freshness of an atypical morning. And I was late for office, yet again. 

2 comments:

  1. Pinki8:15 PM

    ❤️ suddenly remembered the Pepe papaya song that we used to do ! Do u remember? You had told me the name "papai" came
    From Pepe lol 😅😆😆😆😆! No wonder Piku says Pepe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, he he, your sweet comment made my day :)! Piku says 'Pepe' very often, and very randomly - sometimes at the mid of the night, looking up at the ceiling :-). We probably have a family affinity towards papayas!

      Delete